Thermal recycling in Switzerland
We attach great importance to the sustainable and sensible use of resources. This is why plastics that are not suitable for material recycling are incinerated in Swiss cement plants.
Around a third of the contents of the collection bag cannot be recycled, as these are so-called composite materials. In the Swiss cement industry, they are incinerated as a substitute fuel for coal. This has two advantages:
1. as composites have a higher calorific value than coal, less fuel is required for the same energy. One kilo of substitute fuel thus replaces 1.2-1.5 kilos of hard coal or lignite.
2. incineration in the waste incineration plant produces slag, which has to be stored at great expense. As extremely high temperatures prevail in the cement industry, the plastic is completely incinerated and all residues, such as pieces of ash, can be mixed with the cement and subsequently used.
Three companies under one roof
The InnoGroup comprises the three sister companies InnoRecycling AG, sammelsack.ch and InnoPlastics AG. They work closely together for a sustainable material cycle with high added value in Switzerland.
- InnoRecycling AG is the central point of contact for all types of waste disposal goods.
- sammelsack.ch is the recycling solution for household plastics under the motto "Bring Plastic back".
- InnoPlastics AG produces high-quality regranulates from plastic waste.
We make plastic sustainable